Naperville, IL, 60565
Joined on October, 2011
Weekends at any time
Weekdays after 3PM
Weekdays after 3PM
Up to 15 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationI have a M.A. in English from NIU and hold a B.A in English from UCLA. I also hold certifications to teach English to 6-12 graders in the state of Illinois.
ExperienceTutoring for English Language Arts/STEM Writing/ESL-- 2011 to Present
• Provide academic tutoring from 5th grade through graduate school.
• Assist students with SAT/ACT Test preparation, including reading comprehension strategies, grammar, sentence completion, testing strategies, and essay writing.
• Guide students in writing successful admissions and scholarship essays, emphasizing voice and originality.
• Improve reading comprehension, vocabulary building and writing in all subjects.
• Coach students on science project writing and presentations.
• Tutor adults in ESL in the areas of pronunciation, increased vocabulary, effective use of idiomatic expressions, and advanced conversational fluency.
• Professional coaching involving advanced argumentation techniques, business communication, and technical report writing.
• Tutored both students and faculty in writing and presentation skills in all subject areas.
• Assisted professors with ESL and presentation skills for direct classroom application.
Technical Writing--2010 to Present:
• Assist with reviewing, writing, and editing business and government proposals involving Application and Business Integration, Cloud Computing, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Workflow, Service Governance, and Information Security.
• Edit and revise internal company documents and external company communications.
• Proofread and edit reports and related presentation materials.
• Provide litigation related research and analysis for teams of engineers.
HobbiesReading, Writing, Traveling, Cycling, Walking, Swimming
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.